Monday, January 19, 2009

Heels, Happy Birthday, and Hanging out with Friends and Family

Saturday Emma and I went to Bulverde (right outside of San Antonio) to visit Robin, a friend of mine from college. My college roommate, Molly, drove from Houston to meet up with us. We had a wonderful time catching up. It has been years since the 3 of us have all been together at the same time. Robin made a delicious lunch, we chatted for a bit, then headed to Boerne to do a little shoppin'. We saw a pair of "heelarious" baby shoes and could not resist putting them on Emma for a picture. They were pretty funny, but I did not think Emma needed a pair of heels at this point in her life. I am all about her having cute shoes, but high heels crosses the line :)

Emma trying on her first pair of high heels...Look out Trav---it has only just begun!!!

Sunday was Trav's birthday--he turned 29. His brother and mom came in and took us out to lunch to celebrate. I have been getting Trav a cookie cake (requested by the birthday boy) every year that we have been together. He will eat the whole thing each year by himself because it is too sweet for me--probably not sweet enough for Trav :) I was happy that Trav had his birthday off (no reffing) and that we were able to spend the day together. Only one more year in the 20's--the big 3-0 is right around the corner!!!


Today was a BEAUTIFUL day. It was hard to believe that it is mid January. Travis had the day off b/c of MLK and so Trav, Emma, Bodhi and I went to the park for a stroll. Bodhi enjoyed the walk more than Emma--she slept the most of time. Although I do not want Emma to grow up any faster than necessary, I am looking forward to taking her to the park to watch her play and explore the world around her.
Em and I enjoying the gorgeous weather

Ruts from the wagons on the Chisholm Trail

Travis and Bodhi sniffing out the area

Bodhi

Em

Em is having a hard time containing her excitement about our trip to the park :)

2 comments:

Marianne Francis said...

Emma is so precious! I enjoy reading about her and your adventures in parenthood. I look forward to the next installment. Belated Happy Birthday to you, Travis. You are both in my heart, my mind, and my prayers.

Chris and Sara said...

Love the heels! Are they socks? Chris is glad we don't have to worry about those....I hope!!! :) Emma is so adorable. Give her a kiss for me!