Saturday, July 4, 2009

Red, White, and Blue

We went to Georgetown to spend the 4th of July with my family. We ate yummy BBQ cooked by my brother in law, Davin. Mia, my niece, helped my dad make homemade ice cream and we devoured sweet watermelon. Minus the ridiculous heat, we had a wonderful time catching up, watching the girls---who proved to be quite entertaining, and ending with a wonderful fireworks show. Emma Grace...All dressed up for America's Big Day :)

T and Em...I LOVE this pic. Before we know it, she will be too big to ride on Daddy's shoulders!


Family pic on the 4th--This time last year, Emma was kicking around in my belly---a reaction to the popping and booming of the fireworks.


Mia watching Emma to make sure she is not going to put the grass in her mouth. Em REALLY likes the grass and seems to think it may be tasty.


Em is at an age where taking a posed picture is getting a bit difficult. I am glad we got one where Em and Mia were both looking at the camera---it just happened to be the wrong one :)


Somebody is getting TIRED---Em had a long day, with a couple of short naps. We ended up having to leave the fireworks show (a 5 min walk from my parents' house) because Em was NOT a happy camper---sooo tired. We parked the car next to where my family was sitting and we left the AC on and let Emma sleep. T and I just stood outside of the car to watch the aerial action.

Em playing with Papa's Mustache--Papa did not get the memo to wear red, white and blue :)


Ready to Roll :)


Cam and Em


After we came home from my parents' house, we noticed that our neighborhood was having a grand old time with the fireworks. I sat in our driveway on T's tailgate and got to see quite a show--fireworks to my left, fireworks to my right, and I could even see the fireworks behind us being reflected in my neighbors windows across the street. Can't beat those seats! Good to know for next year. I did not think that anybody would believe how close the fireworks were, so I pulled out my camera so I could video it. This video is showing one of the grand finales.
Great Show!!!

0 comments: