Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Oral Language Explosion

Emma's language skills have really blossomed over the last week or so. She had been repeating the last word of what we said to her for a while, but now she is speaking in 2-4 word sentences. She is saying things like, "I can do it", "I got it" when somebody says "you got it" or "you can do it". She tells me things like..."no me hitting" or "no me jumping" when she is being corrected. Emma is also giving good commands---especially to Bodhi when she tells him to go "outside" when he is licking her. She will now answer questions CORRECTLY with "yes" or "no" and has been listing her friends names when we ask who her friends are. Today she showed my mom the little pool we got her and rattled on and on for about a minute telling my mom what she had done in the pool the night before---complete with hand gestures. This story was 95 %gibberish (words water and bubbles here and there), but I could tell what she was trying to say b/c of her hand movements. It was REALLY cute! This is all happening SOOOOOO fast, but we are enjoying every minute of our sweet Emma Grace!

And YES...I know that the videos are sideways. I did not notice until it was too late. Just turn your heads or computers :)


This video shows Emma dancing to Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star and singing Itsy Bitsy Spider. Please excuse my singing at the beginning of the video :)


Emma has been counting A LOT lately. She first surprised me by counting 5 playdough balls. Then a couple of days later...Emma was counting something and after she got past 3, she started saying 11...19...13...14. It made both of us laugh really hard b/c we were so caught off guard. Tonight we got her on video counting. You have to listen really closely, but she does a pretty good job.

0 comments: