Saturday, July 30, 2011

Manji

Emma and I hunted down Monarch caterpillar eggs this spring. We found an egg on a milkweed plant and waited for it to hatch. We waited...and waited...and waited and nothing happened. I was SOOOOOOOOO disappointed. My friend, Krista brought me a caterpillar to replace my dud egg. We watched the caterpillar eat A LOT and grow and grow and turn into a chrysalis, then turn into a butterfly. Emma named the caterpillar Manji (I don't know where the name came from :) ). I had the best time experiencing the butterfly life cycle with Emma!!! It is definitely one of my favorite memories! We came home to find that Manji had emerged from his chrysalis.


Getting ready to release him/her!!!


Emma is NOT sure she likes holding the Manji!!!


I LOVE this picture!!! She was taking it all in!!!



Sooo sweet! What a great way to start the day!!!


A little unsure again :)


Emma was flapping her arm to teach Manji how to fly.


Now, everytime we see a Monarch she says, "Look, there's Manji!!!"

0 comments: