Wednesday, November 19, 2008

2 Weeks Old

Today Emma is 2 weeks old. These last 14 days have flown by. Her face has started changing and she is having more awake time. I am anxious to see what she is doing at a month old. My 32nd birthday is also today. Trav was so sweet and made dinner reservations and talked with my mom about coming over to watch Em. I got bottles ready for my mom, got myself ready for dinner, and was fine with leaving Emma up until I handed her off. I tried hard to fight back the tears--- I was only going to be about 10 minutes away and I was leaving her with my mother--- but the tears came. I was fine by the time we got to the restaurant and we had a fantastic time. It was nice to be able to spend an hour of uninterrupted time with my husband. The food was delicious and I got to have a glass of wine :) I have been waiting 10 months for that glass of wine.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad you guys got to get out and celebrate!! And I know Ive loved her special time with Emma! xoxo