Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Seis Meses on Cinco de Mayo

Happy 1/2 Birthday Emma G!!!!
Emma is celebrating her 1/2 birthday today! She is almost 19 lbs and 27 inches long. I have had soooooo much fun getting to know Emma over the last 6 months and I am looking forward to many more 1/2 birthdays in the future!!!
Emma will be crawling before we know it! She is moving around in a circle with ease and has been pushing herself backwards. She is starting to work her legs, but has not moved forward yet. Our lives sure will be different when she reaches this milestone!!!

Emma has found her feet. I guess she knew that they were there for a while, but she now has the skills to grab on to her toes. She loves pulling her feet up, grabbing her toes, then slamming her feet back down. She REALLY loves doing this in the bathtub to make a big splash. It is like watching a whale slap its tail--this has made our bathtime a bit more exciting and wet!!
Mmmmmmm....Carrots
I got the OK from Dr. Millar today to feed Emma some veggies. He said to pick one orange, one yellow, and one green veggie and introduce them one at a time over the next month. I decided to start with the orange. I am going to TRY to make Em's baby food from fresh and frozen fruits and vegetables using the food processor. Hopefully I will be able to make a couple of large batches to last me until summer break, then I will have 2+ months to figure out a baby food makin' routine. Emma did ok with the carrots, there were a couple of gags, but then she realized that it was OK to eat :)
Bunny Toes
These jammies crack me up--they also keep Emma entertained. It is like she has puppets on her feet :)

2 comments:

The Bibler Family said...

If you freeze your baby food in ice cube trays, you can then pop them out into ziploc bags after they are frozen, and you will have two ounce servings ready to go when you need them. It really helped me with J. Emma just keeps getting cuter. I love all your posts.

Jill said...

She's getting so big! It's amazing how fast it goes by.
I make all of Lucy's food and tried using ice cube trays at first, but I REALLY love Baby Cubes. They have a lid attached so you can store them just as they are and also heat them up in the container (BPA free). Just a suggestion, good luck!