Monday, May 4, 2009

And the Winner is...


Friday, I came home from work and was pulling into the driveway when I was startled by a "for sale" type sign in my yard. I was very confused by this and had to do a double take. As I got a bit closer, I noticed that it was a Yard of the Month sign---yes...it is an honorable mention, but we are recognized none the less. Upon reading what the sign was for, I busted out laughing---not because I do not think our yard is beautiful, but because we are receiving the accolades for something that we have not had a hand in (literally). This may be the only time that we get this award, because T and I have been trying to figure out what all the different types of plants are and how to take care of them. Travis decided that he liked mowing the other yard better because this one has too many curves and things to mow around. So...we will ham it up for now and try to live up to the expectations one has for a Yard of the Month. Hopefully--we will learn a bit more about landscaping and what plants/flowers go where and we will one day--RIGHTFULLY--become the proud recipient of a piece of yard art that we can brag about...even if it is only for a month!

0 comments: