Thursday, April 30, 2009

Wedding Bells and Moving Vans

Last Saturday, my good friend Abigail got married. I was in the wedding and was thrilled to be able to partake in all of the wedding festivities that happen before the big day (bachelorette party, rehearsal dinner, pictures, etc) but, I also thought that it was poor timing on our part to be closing on our house on Friday (then rushing to the rehearsal dinner), moving out of our house on Saturday (then rushing to take pictures before the ceremony), then getting up early on Sunday to move some more :) Whew...it makes me tired to think about how much we accomplished last weekend! The wedding was beautiful, went off without a hitch, and we all managed to stay dry---it started to rain at the very end of the reception. The bride looked stunning and it was great to be able to catch up with some of my oldest friends.

Here comes the bride...
T and I all dressed up...This has been a rare photo since Em's arrival. We had a really good time dancing and also enjoyed the DELICIOUS food.The Wedding Party


AT LAST!!!!!!
We are finally in our beautiful new house and have officially handed over the keys of our precious old home. I feel like it was just yesterday when T and I drove by this house and looked at each other and said "Let's do it!" We got a letter from the previous owners yesterday, in it they said that they were sooooo sad to leave this house and were very torn on putting it on the market. They quoted somebody else in saying that "you can buy your house, but you cannot buy your neighbors" and he continued to say that leaving their (now our) neighbors made this move even more heartbreaking. It made me smile because I knew exactly what he was talking about---the neighbors have been fantastic and super friendly. I know that we will settle in soon and make this house a home---we are off to a good start. We are looking forward to having our friends and family over this summer to help us break it in!
Bodhi has found a new friend :)
We have had 3 or 4 deer roaming behind our house the last couple of evenings---I love it!

2 comments:

Tom, Kim, Kinley & Kendall said...

Anjie
I'm so excited for your new house! Sometimes it just seems like things are meant to be a certain way. Also, I keep forgetting to tell you, I had the same problem with Kinley in the pack n play. I found online at Babies R Us, I think, a little mattress that fits perfectly. She slept on that for a long time while we lived in the apartment. Congrats and have fun making this your home.
Kim

jayuyana said...

Congratulations Anjie and Travis!
I'm really happy for you guys...
It's a gorgeous house! Enjoy it in good health and for many, many, many years.:-)
Emma is so beautiful.
Though she looks like Travis (I think) a lot, every time I see a picture of her somehow I think of little Anjie...sooooo cute! :-)
Take care. Love, Martita