Monday, March 9, 2009

4 Months Old

Emma was 4 months old on Thursday. She is turning into a little person who interacts with us all of the time. Her smile makes me laugh and her giggles make me laugh harder. Em is such a happy baby. She is able to lift her head up for long periods and look around the room when she is on her tummy. She is constantly trying to sit forward in her bouncer, carseat or in our laps. She has not started rolling over yet, but I do not feel like it is too far off. I get tickled when I go into her room in the morning and realize that she has done a 180 in her crib. At first I thought that I was going crazy and that I must have laid her down wrong when it was time for bed, then I witnessed the kicking and wiggling as she made her move :) She still has very little hair, but much more than she had when she was born (see picture below). She is drooling a lot and is chomping down on anything she can find---her hands being the most available item---we are wondering when we will see little white buds coming from her gums. We go to the doctor this week for a check up and her 2nd round of shots. Hopefully all will go well. I am anxious to get an official weight and height.
Trav and Emma having quite the conversation.
Daddy's Little Girl
Em and I after her bath.
Ok...I put this picture in here because it made me laugh. I was getting anxious to start clipping bows in Em's hair. The problem is that the only hair on Emma's head that is long enough for bows is at the base. I first said that I was going to make a pony tail, then things quickly spiraled out of control and before I could stop myself, Emma had 3 hair bows clipped in. I am willing to bet that Emma will not be going out in public like this anytime soon :)

2 comments:

Chris and Sara said...

AHHH, I think the bows are cute, but maybe not in public!!!! Emma is just adorable. Can't wait to hear what the doctor reports!!! It looks like Mom, Dad and Baby are doing GREAT! Love you all!

The Bibler Family said...

I have the opposite problem with Brody, he has so much hair strangers think he is a little girl. Emma is so cute. Before you know it she'll have tons of hair and she will be able to wear those bows in public, unless she decides to pull them all out. :) Natalie