Saturday, March 14, 2009

Our Home Sweet Home...to be

Trav and I are relocating :) We have decided to take advantage of this horrible housing market and dive right in the middle of it! We are selling our house (for nothing) and getting the house we want for much less than the owner wants to sell it---I guess it is a pretty good trade off :) We are staying in Round Rock and moving into the Stone Canyon neighborhood. It is such a family friendly neighborhood with 8 parks, a pool, and a hike and bike trail. I drove by the house last Friday (it was a BEAUTIFUL spring day) and there were tons of families out walking and riding bikes, adults running, kiddos playing in the yards. It is exactly what I want for Emma!!! So...the inspection was on Tuesday and there were no "deal breakers" found. We can lock our loan next week and we have the closing set for April 24th. We are SOOOOOOO excited.

We will be looking for hard workers and SUVs on the weekend of April 24th...any volunteers?

The house backs up the the greenbelt--huge plus. The previous owners installed a gate and cleared brush and landscaped the greenbelt about 20 feet out. It makes for a really cute and spacious addition to our backyard. The hike and bike trail is below the greenbelt (the houses are on a hill), so this area is really pretty private.


My FAVORITE part of this house is the extended back patio!!! I cannot wait to sit out there in the summer with a glass of chardonnay, looking out onto the green space and relaxing!!!

3 comments:

The Safrans said...

Oh my gosh, it's beautiful! I want to come sit on your new porch and sip Chardonnay too!

Laurie said...

I am totally green with envy! That house is gorgeous! I am so happy for you, Travis and Emma. You deserve it!

Chris and Sara said...

SOOO beautiful. You are going to have so many wonderful memories there!!! And a fresh new house to do all those "nesting" projects on!!! Lindsay and I are addicts...watch out, you will be too!