Friday, March 20, 2009

Spring Break: Hard Work, Visitors, and Relaxation

This week was our Spring Break. We now only have 3 days left, but I have enjoyed the much needed break to regroup and get some work done on the house. So...we put the house our house on the market the week before SB and got an offer the day next day. We had been frantic about cleaning, decluttering, and fixing things with the house in hopes for a quick sell. I guess our hard work paid off :) The inspection was on Wednesday. The buyer has not yet contacted us with his list of repairs---it is either REALLY long or nothing needs to be fixed :) We are hoping for #2. Yes...That is a toothbrush beside T. He was scrubbing baseboards in preparation for putting the house on the market a couple of weeks ago. I was joking with him that he looked like cinderella.

One of my college roommates came down for a visit on St. Patty's day. She was in Waco visiting her in-laws and decided to take the 1+ hour trip down to say hello. Her 3 kiddos came down with her--this was fantastic because I have not seen Westin (her oldest-5th grade) since our wedding, I have not seen Keeley (middle-4 years old) since she was a couple of months old, and I have never met Lily Kate (5 1/2 months). Emma and Lily are about a month apart so I was excited to see their interactions with each other. We had lunch at Chuy's and were able to visit. Trav and Westin were able to throw the football and play with Bodhi while the girls chatted some more. I loved being able to hang out with Jen for the afternoon. We really should do it more often!!! Thanks for making the drive down!!!
Em checking her email :)
Emma has really started enjoying bedtime stories. We have been reading the same 4 or 5 books to her and she is starting to smile when she sees them. I love watching her lean back and just relax as we read. I hope that she will love books as much as I do!!!


Hmmmm...I have realized---from the last couple of pictures---that I need to encourage Trav to get behind the camera more. I see a "moment" and run and grab the camera. I do not think Trav thinks that way! Hopefully we will see more Mommy/Emma pics in the future :)

1 comments:

The Zeps said...

Haha...I've thought the same thing about our pictures! I guess it's mommy brain wanting to preserve history or something. We need to make sure the little ones know we were there somewhere. Enjoy the rest of your spring break!