Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Colorful Hearts and Many Laughs

Ok, so I was trying to think about an age appropriate Valentine's Day gift for Em's buddies at her sitter's house. One of my teacher friends suggested that I make heart shaped crayons. Why didn't I think of that? So...I tried my skills at crayon making. I found these great disposable heart shaped muffin tins at Target. Gotta LOVE Target!!!
Trav and I spent a little bit of time peeling crayons. A friend told me to exacto knife down the wrapper first instead of trying to rip the paper off. THANK YOU, Ashley for that wonderful advice. I can only imagine how long it would have taken without that step! I broke each crayon into 4 or 5 pieces and loaded the tins.

Put the tray in the oven at 275 until things started to get gooey. It did not take much time at all!

I let it cool and then peeled off the tins. I was pleased with how they turned out!

On a funnier note...Em has yet another dress up moment. Tonight she put the hood of her jacket on her head and kept it there. She walked around the house like it was completely normal. However, I thought it was HILARIOUS to watch.
Oh, Bodhi...Trav and I forget that he is sooooo big until we
see pictures like this and you can see the size comparison. You don't mind if I check your ears...do you? Bo did a great job staying still and calm when Em pulled on his ears and ran her fingers through his coat. We love you Bo!!!

The coat stayed on while she played at her table. Silly girl! I look forward to our next silly moment. I am POSITIVE it will not be long before this cutie makes me laugh again!

0 comments: