Monday, February 15, 2010

Stuck

What started out as a very casual, relaxing, normal day turned into a bit of an adventure. Emma and I went to her doctor for her 15 month appt this afternoon and stepped into the elevator at the doctor's office only to find ourselves stuck on the second floor. I was not quite sure what to do when the elevator stopped and the doors did not open. I thought the alarm was not necessary (yet) so I decided to push the HELP button. I guess it is kinda like onstar and there are operators waiting for people to get stuck :) A very nice man on the other end of the line gave me directions on how to unstick ourselves, but no luck...still stuck. He said that he would send somebody to get us out. At this point my imagination started getting carried away and I started seeing all of the movie/tv clips of people in this exact situation and I got a bit worried. Thank goodness for my phone, I was able to text my mom and Trav and they kept me company. I had also called the doctor's office to tell them that we were there, but we may be a little late. The people in the office were sooooooo sweet and stood outside the elevator until we got out. The kept talking to me and keeping me posted. So...30 minutes later, I saw a hand reach in and manually open the door. Whew...I was soooooo very excited to see our rescuer!!! Ok...so the picture above was a bit more dramatic than our rescue, but I needed some kind of visual :) Emma got to leave the elevator and headed into Dr. Millar's office to get two shots...what a day!

0 comments: